Translate

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Another New Outfit

Over the weekend I finished knitting a top and sewing a pair of pants for Elfonda.

New outfit for Elfonda

The pants are sewn using the same pattern I used to make the yellow ones, and the vibrant pink ones.

Knit sweater and orange pants.

I mean why not hey? 

the fit is great!

The fit is great so why mess with a good thing? 

Square Neckline (top)

The top was knit using Becky Colvin's free pattern, "Square Neckline Dress", but I shortened it to just top length. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver (acrylic) aran weight UNPLYED to only one of it's 4 plies so it could knit up at 10 stitches to the inch.

IMG_2739

The pants are from Adams-Harris's "Off the Top" pattern. 

4 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a cute knit top!

Marlene said...

Thanks Ruinwen.

Dynna said...

Hello Marlene,
It has been too long since I last visited here. What fun to meet Elfonda, she is lovely and she has great taste in bright beautiful outfits.

And I love your crazy quilt stitching. I have always been attracted to that Victorian look but know my hands can't do that intensive work due to arthritis. You are doing beautiful work and it was a joy to see it all.

Marlene said...

Nice to have you drop by again Dynnamae. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I have arthritis in my hands too, but not in any of the joints that are bothered by the Crazy Quilting.

I'm really enjoying Elfonda. It's fun having a definite direction to focus her wardrobe. I find bright, bold colours to be so cheerful.