Translate

Sunday, March 01, 2015

That About Covers It

I was doing a bit of a clean up in my sewing room and came across some fabric I bought ages ago with the idea of making a dust cover for my (then) new sewing machine. I love that the fabric motifs include many of my hobbies; sewing, knitting, crochet, embroidery, and embellishing are all represented. There is even some quilting in there, but it's been years since I've done any of that.

I stopped what I was doing, right then and there, and started drafting out a pattern for the cover.

New sewing machine cover.

The machine came with a flimsy, plastic cover that I've been using up until now. The ho-hum plastic cover did fit well so I used the measurements to draft the pattern for the one sewn from novelty fabric.

Opening for the carry handle.

I even included the little flap that covers the carry handle, but allows access should I need to move the machine.

And now with that done I suppose I should really go back into the sewing room and continue the tidying? ---- Nahhh, that can wait. I'd rather get back to drafting a bodice sloper I was working on. The equipment from that is taking up a corner of the kitchen table and I'd like to get it cleared away.

There is also the cowl I've got about 80% knitted, the doll sweater that is half knit, and the wool rainbow warp waiting to be retied on the loom and worked on.

Do you sense a bit of Manic Crafting going on around here?

3 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great idea! It looks terrific! Do you think I could make one for my spinning wheel? lol

Gene Black said...

Crafting trumps housework in the game of Life that I play.

Marlene said...

I bet you could Ruinwen, though it would take a lot more fabric. Somehow I bet your wheel looks prettier without a cover though. ;-)

I agree Gene though every once-in-a-while I tend to go manic with the cleaning. Oh wait --- no --- it's been at least a decade since that happened. LOL