Translate

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Pumpkin's Home!

As I mentioned before, Peanut spent much of the day waiting for her buddy, Pumpkin to arrive home, all the way from Korea.

72

In the late afternoon the postal truck finally arrived with The Box! Peanut was so overjoyed that she clung to the box while I ran to get a box opener.

92

"Hurry, hurry, cut her out of there!"

98

"Wow, they buried her in paper!"

00

"I'm coming Pumpkin!"

02

"Oh, oh, her face guard slipped! I hope she's okay."

05

A closer look.

07

"Need help?"

09

"Let me give you a hand."

13

"I can help with that too."

16

"Um.....that's......rather wild.....hair."

18

Pumpkin's first words.... "Oh, whatever! It's fine."

24

"We kind of match."

26

"Cool!

29

"So, how was your trip?"

43

"It was great.....except for that weekend layover at Canada Customs."

49

"I'd like to change into something more comfortable......got jeans?"

62

Box opening slide show can be viewed here.

6 comments:

kristo said...

Ha! Best box opening. Ever.
Peanut is so cute, and Pumpkin really has some attitude. Awesome.

Jen said...

These girls are so cute -- and so expressive! I really wasn't expecting that, but they're fabulous and I can't wait to see what else you whip up for them. I love the green sweater!

Marlene said...

Thanks Kristo and Christine. It's an incredible amount of work to put together a photo story like that so it's nice when people appreciate it and take the time to comment.

Thanks Jen. I've had friends comment that they wish the dolls looked happier, but I think the sculptors generally make dolls with a fairly neutral facial expression so that with the tilt of a head, the gesture of a hand, or that posture of the body so much expression, meaning, and personality can be demonstrated. If a doll is obviously smiling or frowning there is not much you can do with that, but neutral? Oh yeah!

PJ said...

what an awesome little story and the way you took your photos! I know that took some time and I know you wanted to just get her out of the box. Neat to see the way they come,too! Meeting over the doily is the best :)

blablette said...

They are so cute! I really love how you make them communicate. They work well together! They are really really really so cute! (oh did I say that already?) ^_^

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Pumpkin really has a totally differnt aura about her...she is pretty cute and sassy. I really liked seeing Peanut meeting her for the first time.

You always put so much joy into these photos...it always puts a smile on my face. :)