Wovenflame

A fiber-crafts fanatic who lives to create. Lately I've been knitting and sewing to clothe resin ball jointed dolls. I'm also "Wovenflame" on Ravelry, Flickr, ETSY, DoA and yahoogroups.

My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Capricorn, Married with grown children.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Pentagon Baby Blanket

I mentioned a little over a week ago that I was working on a large, machine knit project. Here it is, complete, seamed, hand knit border added, and steam blocked.

It's constructed from five triangular panels done on a Singer 360K knitting machine using punch card #2 for the fair isle portions. I cast on each triangle at the base, using waste yarn, then while changing colours and stitch patterns as I went, I decreased one stitch each side, every other row until no stitches remained. I then hand seamed the panels together, picked up the stitches from around the perimeter and hand knit a broken rib border.

This blanket has been made to coordinate with the hand knit baby sweater and hat I made earlier.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Great blanket! I love all the different patterns.

February 28, 2009 4:55 am  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

I'm so awed by this blanket! It really is amazing! :)

March 01, 2009 7:41 am  
Blogger Marlene said...

Thanks Nicole and Ruinwen. The blanket was both fun and frustrating to do. It taught me a lot about the workings of my machine.

March 01, 2009 7:59 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Very nice!

March 05, 2009 7:06 pm  
Blogger Ann said...

Beautiful!

March 06, 2009 11:40 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home