Translate

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Lace Rides Bear Back

The last of the handspun, laceweight llama made into yet another "Modified Branching Out".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you may recall I made the first in the natural butterscotch color. I then made some modifications to the pattern and overdyed the second (shown here on the left) scarf with "scarlet" dye. This third one has been overdyed with "black", but turned out the rather pretty chocolate brown you see here on the right.

The cute bear bench modeling the scarves was a joint effort of my mom and her husband. He is the woodworker and she does the painting. Nice pairing of hobbies hey? The bench is meant to be a patio item but it has been in the house ever since we got it. It is actually part of a set. There are two baby bear "rail sitters" but my husband has to do some modifications to the handrail of our deck before they can be displayed properly.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Love that red!

Bear Knits said...

I love the mods you made for Branching Out! The colors look so rich! Great Job!

dragon knitter said...

i love that chocolate brown (gee, why am i craving a hershey's?)

very nice.

and the bear bench is cute, too.

can we see the rail sitters?

Marlene said...

The problem with the rail sitter baby bears is that they really do need a rail to sit on. The top rail of our deck is too wide. My husband is going to build a lattice privacy screen and top it with a narrower rail that the two little bears can lounge on. One lays on its back, *arms dangling down*. The other lays on his tummy *back legs dangling down*. It's the dangling bits that make them difficult to photograph. They sit at awkward angles unless they are straddling a rail.

Maggie Ann said...

Your lace scarves are beauiful...they make me want to give one a try, but I think I've got too much on my plate right now. If you can believe it...smile. I still wear a 'stole' wrap to church each winter that I knit one year, that is a lace pattern. And your cute bear bench...I noticed it right away! Your parents are very talented...I love stuff like this..its so cheerful as well as useful.

Anonymous said...

Very nice scarfs!!