Translate

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Socks

I have had this pair of socks on the needles since my trip to Yarn Harlot's book signing. Done two at once on one circular needle, they were my Travelling Project......something boring but easy to do while travelling. At 10 stitches to the inch and stockinette in the foot and k1, p1 ribbing in the ankle, they got really boring and the project dragged on and on. I'm so glad they are off the needles and onto my chilly feet.

Image hosting by Photobucket

These were done with a "Figure 8" cast on at the toe, a Peasant Heel, and a picot bind off. I did the picot bind off not for they way they look but for the greater elasticity it adds to the bind off. The yarn was from Elann's Sock It To Me Collection in a coloring I no longer see offered.

3 comments:

dragon knitter said...

those are very nice socks! i love the color. did you report these to aimee?

kristo said...

nice socks.
how many pairs of socks have you made now?
i've made 1/2 a pair (1 sock)
and 1/4 of a different pair (half a sock)
it's pathetic, i know.

Marlene said...

I think I've made somewhere in the neighbourhood of about 11 pairs of adult socks, and oh, maybe 6 pairs of baby socks (not including booties). But that's a lifetime total, with most of them done in the past 18 months or so.

At your age I had made ONE pair of socks, and I did them out of horrible, white, acrylic, worsted weight, cheapie yarn. They wore out in the blink of an eye. All of my current pairs are worn, and machine washed frequently, and show no signs of wearing out.