Translate

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Peacock Off the Needles

I finished the knitting of the Peacock Feathers Shawl late this morning. I added beads as I did the crocheted loop bind off and that took much of the afternoon. Here it is, unblocked.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'll be blocking it tonight, despite the fact that I should be packing for the wedding. Not to fear though, I have an extensive list written and will be getting up in the wee hours of the morning to throw everything together.

You'll have to wait until late Monday for any blocked shawl photos. "See you" after the wedding.

3 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Oh my, it is exquisite! Have you ever thought of having your own shop and /or teaching knitting classes. I know your hubby wouldn't want to share you with the world though. Happy Wedding wishs to your daughter and to all of you!

Alison said...

Peacock Feathers is one of many on my long list of to-do. Yours looks great; can't wait to see the blocked photos! Hope it's a good wedding!

Marlene said...

Maggie Ann, I've talked to others who own knit shops and they don't have much time to knit. In most cases their "dream come true" wasn't quite what they hoped. Teaching knitting lessons is something I have considered. I'd like to get my Masters' certification first though.

Alison, it is now blocked and it is truly gorgeous....beyond my expectations. Photos have to wait until I get back.

Hockey Mom, we're hoping it goes smoothly and they DO get hitched. ;-) *VBG*