Translate

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

First Lesson

I had my first spinning lesson today and it was a blast. To my great relief I had no significant problems, unlike my FIRST small attempt to spin in high school 28 years ago. (Good grief has it been that long!) At that time I had taken a Fiber Arts class and spinning was the one thing that I had extreme difficulty with. So glad that this time around it is going much better.

I spun on my teacher's Ashford Traditional and other than a bit of trouble with the treadling I think I did pretty well. Louise was kind enough to let me try several different fibers in various forms. My favorite was some beautiful chocolate brown "stuff". I'm ashamed to admit I can't remember what she said it was. Lamb maybe? Anyway it was gorgeous and I found it quite easy to spin. I reached my limit when she handed me a bit of Merino. I'm not ready for that lovely wool! It kept slipping away from me. I WILL conquer it some day. Merino is just too lovely to wear to give up that easily.

My Elann subscription came today while I was out. There is a beautiful shawl pattern advertised there as well as a yarn I would like to knit a sweater from....but I still have yarn in my studio that is waiting to become a sweater too. Aargh! So many hobbies, so little time!

No comments: