Translate

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Felted Bear

I couldn't resist. After finding a supplier for bear eyes yesterday I sat down and spent FAR too many hours making this:



Kristy was a little indignant that I started without her, but I wanted to get the process firmly planted in my mind before she whisks the book away. I bought the book for HER and she will be taking it with her after visiting today. All I bought for myself were the supplies.

The needle felting process takes a long time. A long, long, long time. This little bear is only 1 3/4" sitting or about 2 3/4" standing and it took almost 6 hours of stab, stab, stabbing. Not that I am complaining though. It was fun to do and the time went oh so quickly! I started after supper and it was midnight before I was done.

8 comments:

kristo said...

that is soooo cute!!!!! i can't wait to make one!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, if that isn't the cutest bear!! I have to get one and make this myself...I think you're an enabler! LOL

Kimberly said...

He is darling!
Wow, six hours! I'm impressed!

Maureen said...

How absoultely adorable is that bear.I can't beleive how tiny it is.

xmasberry said...

very cute! looks like it was fun to make, also.

Unknown said...

SOOO cute!

Misa said...

That's so adorable!!

p u r l g u r l said...

Can you tell me where you got the bear eyes? I've just ordered the kit from http://www.bearycheap.com/ and can't wait to start on my very own bear! Thanks for sharing this info. I love what you and your daughter have made!!!

Best, purlgurl
purlgurl@gmail.com