Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Craft related reading.

Whew! I'm a little overwhelmed in the craft relating reading department right now. Only a couple of days ago the library finally got in the book, "Knit and Crochet With Beads" by Lily Chin.

This morning I received a message that another book I requested is now in. This one is "Arans and Celtics". I first heard about it on Michelle's blog. She has pictures of her lovely "A Vest Of Many Stitches" and I just HAVE to add it to my "must do" list. I walked to the library to pick up the book. (Yes, WALKED! That "my model" feature from Land's End somehow had a way of waking me up to the reality of my "fluffy" frame more than looking in the mirror does!......I went for a walk last night too.)

Anyway, when I returned home a package marked "Craft Supplies" was waiting for me. It is the felting kit I ordered for my daughter's birthday. Yay! I am very impressed with the folks at Beary Cheap Bear Supplies. I got the package in only 12 days. It arrived all the way from Australia in less time than my parcels from the United States. There was also no duty charged.

So anyway, in the needle felting kit is the book of "how tos" and I already warned Kristy that I would be reading/borrowing it from her. Actually, we will likely attempt our first projects together. I couldn't resist getting the Felting Pack for myself when I ordered the Beginner's Felting Pack (with book included) for Kristy.

Yup, that's right Kris.....your kit is in.

2 comments:

kristo said...

YAY! My kit arrived! See you this weekend for some needle-felting fun! :-)

Michelle said...

I'll bet Arans & Celtics was worth the walk! [g]

I'll have to look for some needle felting stuff when I go to the Knitter's fair next Saturday. I've been wanting to try my hand at it myself...I just may try Beary Cheap Bear Supplies also.